Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Scarcity vs. God

God's resources never ran out. He is endless. He never gets weary nor sick. He doesn't lose hope. He never forgets. He is never late or needs more time. God never borrows because He is not only the owner, he is the MAKER. God doesn't need clothing, yet He is clothed in majesty. Wow. If you believe in the same God I do, this changes EVERYTHING. (Philippians 4:19, Psalm 93:1, Psalm 95:4-5)

God never ran out not only because He doesn't need anything, but also because He IS everything. For example, God is love. He cannot not love you because His essence, His identity, is LOVE. There are multiple examples in the Bible of God being the Living water (John 4:14), God being our refuge and strength (Psalm 46:1), God being life(Matthew 16:16), among many other examples.

Everything points out to HIM. For example, you cannot say "God is money" because God is beyond and much higher than money; God is providence, eternal providence. WOW!!! I just can't get over this!

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (Exodus 3:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment