Friday, April 1, 2011

How much do you wanna play?

The other day you asked me: "so tell me, how much do you want to play?" , "are you kidding? -I thought to myself- "what kind of question is that?" But as I meditated on your words, lines started coming, my heart beat increased, and my eyes were full of tears...

How much do you  want to play?,  you asked. Well, this is my answer...
I wanna play until I get tired and think I can't run one more step, and then, continue playing a little more. I want to run until I am out of breath and my hands are shaking because I gave my all. Until the lights are out, I will continue in that court. Even if it's dark I do not care, my heart is still beating, I can give more. Whether is a Thursday night, 7 pm, fans are shouting, lights are on.. or if it's a Saturday morning, no one is around, the lights are burned, the curt is lame, and the ball...well, it's little broken, just like my heart.. I will still continue. It may be just me and the ball. It might be a huge tournament and everyone is around. In both occasions I will play the same, I was born to play that game, that day, that ball. I will play, yes I will... weather is raining, sunny, or cloudy. Whether is winter, summer, fall, or spring. It doesn't matter, as long as I can run or maybe just walk, I'll play, I'll still believe. 

How much do I want to play?,  you asked me the other day. I realized the question implies that I want to play, that I can give it a shot... and you are right. I will give it a shot, I will give it a try, every time. Once and once again, I won't give up, not now. People might think I am a fanatic and if being fanatic means giving my best, then they are right. I am full of passion for days, for life. I am full of energy for that game to come. I love the ball. I love the game. I am willing to play even if I am not the best. After all, what does it mean to be the best? Do you compare yourself to someone who can play, too? or do you give your best, your all, improving and not giving up? What does it mean to succeed? Can you ever fail? I think you can try and perhaps, fall and raise, and fall again, and raise again... 

Success is not marked by how many championships you've won, for how many rebounds you've made, or if you score or not. Success is much deeper, it means more than that. It means to not give up, even when you feel like it, even if you want. It means to get up every day and give your best, give your passion, make mistakes, and apologize. Success is that desire that burns inside when everyone is gone... but you can still hear the ball... re-bound-ding... Success implies accepting your mistakes, being truthful, being real, envisioning the future and pursuing your dream . Success is not just about you or me, it involves the whole team, even those who you cannot see. It does not mean to shine, but rather, letting other shine, sharing and playing, and having so much fun. 
How much do I want to play? I wanna play, I REALLY wanna play! As long as I breath, I will believe... I will still play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment